Turret Crown

Out of the 8 houses on the block and the 3 that had turrets mine was the only one that still had the original tin decoration on the peak.  I feel so lucky!  So when the roof was done a few years ago I had them remove the cap so I could restore it, paint it etc.  I thought it was just a small piece that was painted red.  Turns out when I got it down it was nearly 5 ft tall!  Look at the amazing detail on it that one can hardly see from where it sits.




So after doing quite a bit of work on it (it actually had broken in half) it was ready to be painted and put back!  I actually used a car bonding material to put it back together.

Painted up in gold and black..


Here are a few fun shots of them doing the turret roof:




If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

  1. Whoa! I know it’s bit late, but I must say that you did a good job restoring the house. I can see from the last picture that it really needed some fixing, especially the roof. Well, the roof looked great too! And the turret crown is very lovely. I like the combination of black and gold.

    Chantay Smithingell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantay! I really appreciate your comments. The house is still in progress but it's all these little details that take so much time.

      I went with the black and gold to make it shine from the street and it does!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts