Calling all servants!

Well throughout the renovation I have been buying up servant call buttons to put in the house.  There was only 1 foot button in the dinging room when I moved in, but I decided why not go a little over the top and put them in all the rooms of the house.  So here are some of my call buttons:


So I have the rooms wired for them I just have to put them in.  I still however needed a call box.  Every now and then these come up on ebay and such but are usually rather small and include only a few rooms.  Since I will wire the whole house for these I will need a box that will hold 16 rooms for all the buttons.  Alas I found one!  This will be a fun addition to the kitchen one day.  I need to restore it and do a bit of work on it before I put it in.  Complete with bell on top.  Here she is before:




So all I need now is to find someone who does the old fashioned glass painting to redo the glass window with the black and gilt.  I also still need my foot button for the dining room so if anyone has one or has seen one let me know!  Photo of the foot button (key) I want on the left:

Fun little trinkets for the old house.  Now all I will need is the maid to come when I call her!


If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

  1. I expect your hard work at restoring your house back to its former glory has paid off?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on it. I'm about a million dollars short and a few thousand man hours short to be done yet. I'm still plugging away. One guy doing it all part time makes for slow going at times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts