Vestibule and anteroom is headed back to the 19th century


While I'm sure many of you have seen on the progress with the painting outside, I haven't posted much about the interior. With it getting colder in the past few months I had tons of projects to do. I needed to refinish and seal the front doors, weatherstrip them,but and put floors in where they were bad in the vestibule. Next I have to refinish the 2nd set of interior doors (which I am currently in the process of). I bought an entry lock set so it's time to remove the castle barricade I have had up for the past few years. The other big project was that the pocket doors to the front drawing room have been installed! The hardware to mount the doors was broken but with a bit of JB Weld and a little bot of a prayer they have all held together so far. So they're hung and soon the trim around them will be installed and then they can be stained. Lots of progress the past few months. I'm hoping to finish the drawing room and anteroom by well sometime this winter.

Doors Before:


They are not a bit darker with a beautiful rich 3 coats of amber varnish. Hopefully to hold up for a few years to a Minnesota winter.


New Door Knob

Got lucky on this one! I got a beautiful complete lock set off ebay and had a few keys made and it's ready to be put in!






 Pocket doors back in! The last time these were in were prob the 1930s


Floors in and one can see where the 2nd set of double doors goes.  They had to be stripped and patch in a few spots of the veneer. 


Will update as the doors get complete in the next week!




If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

  1. Very nice, indeed. It's refreshing to see someone take the time to put stuff back the way it once was. I sort of did with my house, where I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. As I'm sure you know you can only do so much. You have to draw a line between perfection and sanity. Your project is looking great too! FYI I see the crown you put in in your parlor with the rounded windows is the same I put in my parlor. It's nice to see the house slowly come back to life isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts