House Painting!

Wow what a summer it has been! The house is really looking good.  Two sides painted, the turret done!  So next summer I will do the gables of the house as well as the back and the side in between the two houses.  The color I choose was called Georgian Green.  I picked the color because it was very close to the original or very early color.  I found a chip of paint this color on some of the siding and brought it back to the house.  The other accent colors I choose on my own.  Looks really good after 5 years of crap!

First a few before shots!





 Yes the house was yellow for a time until I found the green paint chip.











Yes I realize the finial is not straight. Anyone want to offer their cherry picker for an hour? :)







One other interesting photo.  I wants to show the detail on the chimney that was the old cook stove chimney.  So detailed.  One day I would love to have it rebuilt as it should look.  Look at those beautiful rounded corners and the amazing detail bricks!



If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

  1. Wow, you guys are a godsend to this old home!! Fantastic job, keep up the amazing work! Cheers, from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! It feels good to have it half painted. Progress is never as quick as one would like it to be, but the end result is sure worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ross, but I must admit your paint work on your house is stunning and impressive!

      Delete
  4. Really good paint job here that's a huge house congratulations on your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts