Turkish Smoking Room

One of the many design inspirations of the Victorian age was themed rooms.  From Asian inspired to Middle Eastern rooms the Victorians loved to show off their good tastes and show they could afford to travel.  One style I have always liked was the Turkish smoking room.  I thought that wouldn't it be fun to have one of these rooms in my house.  So I'm thinking I will make the 3rd floor turret room into a Turkish style (once I get to that point).  I thought I would put a few photos of the design style that I will use. 




These photos are from the Victoria Mansion in Portland.  The house has remained virtually untouched since the 1890s

Bradbury & Bradbury room set.




Sauntry Mansion gymnasium in Stillwater.

A few ideas. Can't wait to see one day how it turns out.  For now I will just dream.


If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

Popular Posts