Lighting Fixtures

The house came with only one antique light fixture which was located in the vestibule.  It is a lovely little arts and crafts single bulb light.  For the rooms on the 2nd floor I wanted of course something old but could't afford a ton.  I found these fixtures on ebay which are new but have been polished up.  I prefer them with a more natural patina so I removed the clear coat placed upon them so in time they should age as natural brass would.  I think they fit in rather well in the house.

Sconces and light fixture with medallion (below).

Here is one for the master bedroom. Simple but gives generous light and a good look.  I think I like this medallion better than the other one because it's bigger and deeper. What do you think?



This is the chandelier I bought out of an old mansion in MA. Sadly one of the cut glass shades broke in shipping so now I have to buy a whole new set :(

So hopefully to others out there who restore their houses don't skimp on the lights! You can get some great ones with character that will look great in your house!


If you like what you read and would like to donate to keep the projects going it would most appreciated :)  








Comments

  1. These all look FANTASTIC! Your attention to detail shows. I feel pretty lucky that my house has lots of old fixtures. I am almost to the point where I am going to take one down a try restoring it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's all the little details that make it up on a whole right? If you restore your lights it will hopefully add piece of mind with modern wiring and once you clean them up they really shine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts