Drawing Room Paper and Anteroom Doors In!

Happy New Year to you all in case I haven't said it before.  Things here in Minnesota are going well and cold.  This winter we have been very spoiled with record warm temps and not much snow it has made the normally 5 month winter feeling become much shorter.  In fact we are getting our first below 0 temps in the next few days for the first time this season.  Unusual here!  So while it has been nice I have been working away on the drawing room.  So far I have installed the wood work and refinished it as well as refinished the wood that was existing in the room.  I recently purchased the picture molding rail and have stained and sealed that.  Soon I will hang it.  I also was super excited to get my lincrusta wallpaper which I'll use as a border on the top above the picture rail.  Damn expensive stuff but I think it's going to look great! We also got the 2nd set of double doors hung to really create the vestibule.  The doors still need a dutchman patch and wood refinishing, but will get to that it time.  My main goal in the next month is to finish the drawing room with the exception of a few small projects.  All I know is I go on vacation to sunny Florida soon and I can't wait for a quick get away!

Lincrusta to go just below crown and above picture rail molding.


 Doors up and create a bit of an airlock for that cold air!

If you like what you read and want to see this blog and projects keep going PLEASE feel free to donate something, even if it's only a little bit.  Every little bit helps on this restoration project. Thanks again!





If you like what you read and want to see this blog and projects keep going PLEASE feel free to donate something, even if it's only a little bit.  Every little bit helps on this restoration project. Thanks again!




Comments

Popular Posts