Dreams of Returning to Czech Republic

Some of you may know that I absolutely love the Czech Republic in nearly all its shapes and forms.  I have lived there and have traveled it quite a bit, but each time I leave I feeling sad and slightly empty, as if something is missing..  This country is a fairy tale with a dark past that has emerged to be victorious over all that has scarred her in the past.  Now the Czech Republic is thriving as the heart of Europe.  Prices are still good until it gets on the euro and the architecture is simply not to be missed.  Prague of course is the main tourist city to visit, however there are so many more treasures in the country. Below I'll share a few photos of the simply amazing places I have really enjoyed.  I had always planned to return here to live and then I found my house that I have been restoring for the past 6 years and well as anyone knows things can change in an instant.  It's amazing how time flies when you're having fun right?  As I get closer (although not at the finish line yet) to completing the restoration of my home I ask myself what is the next big step I need to take.  My 30th birthday is soon nearing and I ask what's the next chapter to hold for me?  My recent blog post about rebuilt and crumbling castles prompted me to do a bit of research in eastern Europe to discover what is out there as far more crumbling  old palaces (which I must explore and I feel document to some extent so they can live on if the building doesn't) and their history.  Clearly anyone who has seen my blog knows my passion for history and restoration.  Upon doing some looking up on the internet I have found some ideas for dare I say my next project?



 Looking up at Prague Castle one brisk winter morning.
 Buildings facing the river.
As you can see, Prague itself has some beautiful structures and sites.  As I mentioned too the country also has some fantastic sites as well:

 This is one of my favorite towns in the Czech Republic.  Amazing isn't it?!




 Yes that's 6'3 me at a stunning castle.

 Above: Again my favorite town, Loket, CZ



 Above: The famous bone church.

So as you can see it's really beautiful and well worth a visit.  I didn't however simply write this blog to share with you my vacation photos.  What really prompted me in writing this is, like I said earlier, exploring these ruins of history and documenting them and sharing them in an international setting.  A huge part of me wants to return to eastern Europe after I finish my project and be and do what I love.  I dream of living again in the Czech Republic and exploring and sharing the history that not as many people know about. I also think I wouldn't mind buying an old building, fixing it up and running a hostel. There are many old grand buildings for sale that require restoration and so why couldn't I do one of them on my next project?  The only answer is money, which is really sad that a simple piece of paper can ruin you day or make you content.  I jokingly put the photos below on my facebook page and asked if anyone has $600,000 to spare I can buy that 1600s building, restore it and turn it into something amazing.   I mean honestly in the US 600K will buy you a starter home in CA so why wouldn't you want to buy a 25000 sqft castle? Of course I know not many people would want to take on such a large challenge but I'm not afraid to go head first. So I'll put my dream out there to my readers and the universe to enjoy and who knows perhaps 600K will come falling out of the sky and allow me to start the next chapter of this journey of blogging, restoration, history and showcasing the beauty that many so often overlook.

Below are a few wonderful places just waiting to be restored, brother can you spare a dime or in my case 600k on a low interest loan? LOL!






If you like what you read and want to see this blog and projects keep going PLEASE feel free to donate something, even if it's only a little bit.  Every little bit helps on this restoration project. Thanks again!







Lots of amazing places just waiting to have new life in them.  Who's with me?!

Comments

Popular Posts