Moving day!

So after the first initial excitement of owning the house was over and the drop ceiling in the dining room was removed and the carpet gone it was just me and 2200 sqft of house.  I was camped out in the first floor library with a mattress, TV and electric radiator heater.  It was November and starting to get rather cold.  It was FREEZING the first few nights I was there.  There was no hot water coming out in the 2nd floor bathroom and absolutely nothing was usable or functional for any period of time.  So first step was to start work on the 2nd floor where I would live and make it livable.  The first project was the bathroom.  Here is what it looked like when I moved in.
DISGUSTING! But the claw-foot tub was under there. 

Basically me and my brother stripped the wallpaper and threw the toilet, vanity and everything surrounding the tub.  Took apart the tub and slid it out (few hundred pounds). We replaced the floor with tile, put in a new vanity and toilet,  put the tub back in and there you go, a functional bathroom.  Renovation of this bathroom number #1

After:


Nothing fancy but MUCH improved.

Next to strip the floors with LOTS of scraping the floors and painting all the paneling fun colors to make do with what was.  The wood 1970s paneling couldn't be removed without removing all the plaster walls behind them so for the time being make the best of it!


My living room for a time.

This was pretty much it for the work to do on the 2nd floor.  It was basically TONS of paint to make it livable .



If you like what you read on my blog and would like to contribute to the house restoration please click the donate button below. All donations will be GREATLY appreciated!!









Comments

Popular Posts