Be My Neighbor Part II

Hello readers!

I'm sorry for the long delay since my last post, but I have been on vacation in sunny Florida.  What great weather and how nice to get away from the freezing rain of Minnesota.  I had the chance to also learn a bit about South West Florida history which hopefully I will be able to share in an upcoming post.  I did want to share that 2 of my neighbor houses, Keller Row are for sale for very good prices.  They are currently rental but still could be converted back to single family houses.  The first one is the last remaining turret one.  It is presently a 4 plex and the exterior has been partially restored.  Here is the link:



http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/783-6th-St-E_St-Paul_MN_55106_M82316-46252?mlslid=4117453


This is the other one for sale.  The exterior needs help but the interior stairway is still intact! This would be another great candidate for restoration for under $100 K!!


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/779-6th-St-E_St-Paul_MN_55106_M82316-83518?mlslid=4117457

So come to Keller Row in Historic Dayton's Bluff.  You'll love it!!


If you like what you read and want to see this blog and projects keep going PLEASE feel free to donate something, even if it's only a little bit.  Every little bit helps on this restoration project. Thanks again!




Comments

  1. We'll be moving to Duluth in just a few short weeks, and are in the process of buying our very first home, which happens to be a Folk Victorian-style home in need of a little TLC. I just discovered your blog in an effort to learn about the joys and sorrows involved in these fascinating restoration projects.

    I can't wait to read more, and we certainly can't wait to be your (slightly distant) neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MammaDaddy,

    First off thank you so kindly for your comments. I glad you really enjoy the site and I hope I keep it interesting for you. There are many sorrows on the house restoration journey but more joys and euphoria.

    I must tell you being from Minnesota that I would only live in two (maybe 3) cities. Those would be St. Paul and Duluth. I absolutely LOVE Duluth. The architecture and how intact the city is really breath taking. The views, the lake and the atmosphere are one of a kind. I know you will love it there and I wish you the best of luck on your project. Perhaps you'll be willing to share some of your photos and stories when you get to work on your project. In the meantime you have inspired me today and I will write a little post about Duluth and some of it's fantastic buildings. Again thank you, congratulations and GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that would be wonderful! We haven't heard anything but praise for Duluth, and we're so excited to begin our adventure there! We'll be coming from California (though we're native New Mexicans) and neither my wife nor myself have ever been so far north! We were momentarily apprehensive about moving, but after just a small amount of research, we realized that Duluth (and MN in general) could very well be the place we've been searching for all of these years.

    Thank you for the well wishes, and we would gladly share our records of the restoration! I can't wait to read your upcoming blog about Duluth. In the meantime, I'll just entertainment myself by reading your other articles! Lol Thanks again for the encouraging input!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts