Winter is here and the parlor is warming up!

Hello dear readers.  Did you think I forgot about you?  Well I didn't, but life has been utterly swamped.  I have however been working on the house trying to finish the front parlor and I am nearly there!  I guess the first big accomplishment is that I got my chandelier and ceiling medallion up.  What a beast that was, but I must admit it has turned out well.  I purchased the chandelier down in the southern part of the state and knew it would look stunning in the parlor.  Here it is all put together:



As you can also see I've put the wallpaper up and the picture molding.  With it all together the room has the wonderful golden glow and makes it feel very cozy.


The other BIG piece of news is that I had the last stained glass window made for the parlor and I couldn't be more pleased.  I again took photos of what my neighbor's stained glass is and had a wonderful company recreate them.  After a month of waiting I got this beauty in.  I cannot tell you how it adds to character and the feeling of accomplishment to have this baby in.  Here is is right after I picked it up before going in the house.



Here is the example they copied it from.  Pretty close but with my own original twist!


And here is mine all put in:




Only a few more things to go and the parlor will be complete!  I also thought I would share a few photos of the snow we got last weekend.  Our first snow storm of the season.


Yes I have little candles in all the windows of the house for the season.


Stained glass all in with a fresh snow storm.

So with that I will say goodbye for now, but I am still here plugging away.  I hope to keep updating more and as always please consider donating.  It does help keep my projects going.  Also feel free to comment because we all can feed off each other's enthusiasm.




If you like what you read and want to see this blog and projects keep going PLEASE feel free to donate something, even if it's only a little bit.  Every little bit helps on this restoration project. Thanks again!



 

Comments

  1. Very nice. I like how a room changes dramatically with the addition of some stained glass. Also, old houses look especially nice in the snow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stained glass makes all the difference in these beautiful old houses. I just wish it weren't so expensive! Hope your project is going well too!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE the chandelier!!!!!! Congrats on such a find! It is all looking just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross. Probably not that old, but looks period and I love it. Cleaning it once a year however is not that fun. Takes about an hour

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts